Honey is a great sweetener and food, but it has some properties that allow you to use honey as medicine in some cases!
- When consumed daily, pure honey will reduce your body’s susceptibility to infections.
- Because of honey’s fructose content, many claim it is a cure for a hangover.
- Swallowing a teaspoon of honey may soothe a sore throat or cough.
- Boost your daily supply of antioxidants by eating honey.
- If you’re feeling tired and need a boost of energy, stir a spoonful of honey into a glass of water or add honey and fresh fruit to yogurt for a power-packed snack!
- Honey is a great source of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin B-6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin and pantothenic acid.