Honey Can Improve Eyesight

Honey Can Improve Eyesight

Honey Can Improve Eyesight

For as long as history has been recorded, honey has been documented as a food that works wonders. It has been used to help cure a number of ailments from burns to diseases. Moreover, some studies have shown honey may help improve eyesight. Studies are now showing that honey can help cure eye problems, such as infections and cataracts.

A study published in the Iran Journal of Basic Medicine, showed that honey was effective in the treatment of diseases of the eye, such as chemical and thermal burns, conjunctivitis, Blepharitis, keratitis, and corneal injuries. In the study, researchers used a topical application of honey as an ointment on 102 patients with varying eye conditions. The results showed that 85% of patients demonstrated improvement in their sight. The other 15% showed no progression in their eye diseases. Furthermore, using an application of honey on infected eyes with conjunctivitis reduced swelling, redness, and pus discharge (Eteraf-Oskouei & Najafi, 2013).

A lot of  eyesight problems may be described as “weakness in the adjoining muscular tissues in the eyes and poor functioning of the optical nerves that are directly linked with the central nervous systems” (Honey for Eyes: Is Honey Beneficial for Improving Eyesight?, 2017). Honey is rich in riboflavin and niacin, vitamin C, and protein. As a result, when applied to the eyes honey improves eyesight by strengthening the muscular tissues within the eyes. Not to mention, the magnesium, iron, and zinc present in honey strengthens the optical nerves. Consequently, using an application of honey externally on the eyes improves sight and reduces the symptoms of astigmatism, as well as near and farsightedness (Honey for Eyes: Is Honey Beneficial for Improving Eyesight?, 2017).

How To Use Honey To Improve Eyesight

The most common way to use honey to improve your eyesight is to prepare eye drops containing honey. When making eye drops containing honey, be sure to use raw, unfiltered honey from Cox’s Honey. Dissolve honey in water with a 1:2 ratio. For example, mix 10 mg of honey with 20 mg of water. Then simply apply the eye drop solution to your eyes 2 to 3 times per day.


Resources:

Eteraf-Oskouei, T., & Najafi, M. (2013, June). Traditional and Modern Uses of Natural Honey in Human Diseases: A Review. Retrieved January 26, 2017, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3758027/

Honey for Eyes: Is Honey Beneficial for Improving Eyesight? (2017, January 06). Retrieved January 26, 2017, from https://www.epainassist.com/diet-and-nutrition/honey-for-eyes-is-honey-beneficial-for-improving-eyesight


No Comments